The Okinawan Prefectural Government has announced that five karate/kobudo masters have been recognised as Intangible Asset Holders:
- Ishikawa Seitoku sensei (Shorin-ryu)
- Uehara Takenobu sensei (Uechiryu)
- Hichiya Yoshio sensei (Gojuryu)
- Nakamoto Masahiro sensei (Bunbukan / Kobudo)
- Higaonna Morio sensei (Gojuryu)
The contributions of these five gentlemen are recognised in a way that only 9 others before them have been. Their contributions to the advancement of karate/kobudo in Okinawa and around the world are amazing, and it is pleasing to see the esteem in which they are held to be recognised by the Okinawan government.